Unless you’ve been blessed with tarantula eyelashes that might warrant their own Discovery Channel episode, you have most likely believed about eyelash extensions at one point. Able to transform you into a Maybelline design without really having to use any mascara?
Go to the wrong professional, at the wrong salon, with the incorrect tools, and you risk some seriously scary repercussions. Consider this a cautionary tale: According to the Daily Mail, a lady strolled into Australian beauty parlor Spotless Beauty requesting a touch-up on her extensions.
However, when she went to check them out, beauty parlor owner and service technician Emma Dhanjal discovered inflamed, infected skin that looked like the stuff of problems.
Eyelash Extension Horror Story That Will Scare You Out of Getting Them Done
“This must never take place to your lashes, please do not be terrified of having eyelash extensions used, if you do your research study and go to the right place your lash extensions can be obtained years and years without having a break.”
We’ve reached out to the beauty salon to find out more. However, the primary takeaway is that doing your research before any appeal treatment is essential.
“Experienced lash specialists go through years of training, so make certain your technician is accredited,” states Elizabeth Diaz, a senior lash artist for Pucker at Spruce & Bond in New York City.
A certification is not a license– please understand the distinction.
Results like this aren’t exactly uncommon. Even the FDA felt it was required to issue a warning:
“Considering that the eyelids are fragile, an allergy, irritation, or injury in the eye area can take place,” the website reads. Obviously, if you have allergies or delicate skin, “request for hypoallergenic glue,” Diaz states. “Numerous [beauty parlors] make some options for this.”
Here’s hoping the woman at least remembered to make a long for each lash lost and that she sought aid from a medical professional to help her skin recover in the interim.